Thursday, April 29, 2010

And the punchline is....

When little LuLu started her 3's Class at preschool she was a bit apprehensive.  She only knew one other child in the class from the year before so I wasn't surprised when she mentioned her everyday after school.  She'd tell me about playing with Ava, eating lunch with Ava, reading books with Ava and I was thrilled she had made such a close little buddy.

Like many working moms, I have to admit I wasn't completely involved in the classroom.  I only had 4 hours 3 days a week to get A LOT accomplished.

When February rolled around, it was my turn to volunteer for the class party and I noticed that Ava's name wasn't on the list.  Odd....
So I asked Ms. MaryBeth about and little LuLu was standing by my side.

Ms. MaryBeth looked at me with total confusion ~ "Ava hasn't been in the class since the first week of school.  She got moved to the 4's room".  Stunned, I turned and looked at my daughter and she was grinning ear to ear.

At the ripe old age of three she had held onto her own little private joke day in and day out for 6 months.  I had been had and felt HORRIBLE for not having a clue what was going on with her at school.

Needlesss to say, upon the first day of summer camp she announced that she spent the whole day with Ava (who wasn't enrolled in her camp) and she cracked up laughing.

Flash forward to now and she is at a baseball game with a neighbor.  When her school was brought up, another mother asked if she had a little girl named Ava in her class and LuLu was adamant that she did not and she did not know her.

When I clarified that she did in fact know Ava she smiled that same ear to ear grin and said "They asked if I knew an Ava in my class, and Ava is NOT in my class".  

Great ~ she has the ability to lie and deceive already.  The teen years ought to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio